Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven Review – After 2 Years!
This is my review of the Ooni Karu 12 which I bought two years ago! Check the vid out!
This oven is very versatile as it can be used with both wood fuel and the optional gas burner that can be purchased separately.
There are many great features to the Ooni Karu 12:
- you have the option to buy the gas burner to turn this wood-fired pizza oven into a multi-fuelled pizza oven.
- has a good depth pizza stone that retains the heat very well.
- gives you the flexibility to choose which fuel to use to cook your pizza with a quick change of the burner at the back (if you buy the gas burner separately).
- is a good size and weighted portable pizza oven and is even lighter without the stone.
- has a good-looking industrial style metal and stud designed look which is different from the powder coated oven structures of the Karu 16, koda 12 and Koda 16.
- there are two gas burner attachments that currently fit this oven – the Karu 12 Gas Burner deisgned for use in this oven and requires the use of the chimney. And there is the Ooni Gas Burner that was originally designed for use with the Ooni 3 and can be used in this oven without the chimney.
the Ooni Karu 12 is an easy to use multi-fuelled pizza oven
Overall, after two years and lots of pizza cooking I am very happy with this oven – it is my go-to 12″ wood-fired pizza oven, slightly ahead of the Ooni Fyra 12, because it can use real-wood logs!
If you enjoy cooking with wood and also have the option of using gas when you need to, then this oven fits that requirement. The 16″ version of this oven is the Ooni Karu 16.
Check out our Pizza Stone Cleaning Video here.
Enjoy your outdoor pizza oven cooking!
I’ve created a Pizza for Beginners – Learning to Cook Pizza and How to Use Pizza Ovens YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help you with your learning to cook pizza journey!
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza