This article covers my Top 10 tips for using the Ooni Koda Pizza Oven and they are based on my experience of learning to cook pizza from scratch using outdoor pizza ovens.
If you are new to pizza making I think you will find these tips helpful. Check out the video below to find out more:
I've created a Pizza for Beginners YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help your learning to cook pizza journey! Enjoy your Pizza Cooking!
OONI US SHOP HERE:
These are some of my tips:
- Cook on the stone with the temperature on the logo (middle of the pizza oven) at 430c.
- Make sure the pizza doesn't stick to the Wooden Pizza Peel before you launch it into the oven. Just give the pizza a little wiggle on the board to make sure that it is not stuck to the peel before it goes in.
- If it's windy, you may need to pull the pizza closer to you and also reduce the flame size on the dial. This will prevent the flame from blowing out onto your pizza and burning the crust.
- Keep the flame on full in between cooks to keep the stone at the temperature needed for your cook.
- I cook with the flame at 3/4 to full flame on the dial. I cook all the Ooni Koda pizzas at this flame size. I don't cook pizza on full flame. The full flame does provide a fast cook but I find it a lot riskier and I've burnt more pizza cooking that way.
- Turn the stone over just before you cook. This will help the debris burn off for your next pizza cook. Check out - How to Clean the Ooni Pizza Stone video
OONI UK SHOP HERE:
Check out our YouTube channel here! https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza