My Review of the Ooni Koda 12 Pizza Oven – 3 Years Later!
I bought the Ooni Koda 12 3 Years ago and here is my review on how the oven is getting on!
I’ve had so much fun using the Ooni Koda 12 over the last few years! It’s a good value, lightweight and portable pizza oven!
This oven is great for beginners and experienced cooks alike and has been a consistently solid oven over the last 3 years, through cold winters and hot summers!
It’s been a fun time using the Ooni Koda 12 pizza oven over the last few years! I learnt to cook pizza with this oven and so it really has done me well.
I just cannot believe how fast that time has gone. But so much has happened since then too!
Here are my thoughts on the Koda 12 and what the oven is like now:
- Gas Dial The only niggle I ever had with this oven was the gas dial. It’s a very minor niggle. Firstly there was the issue of the markings, or lack of on the dial. The other was the ability to turn the dial to maximum flame but pass that point a bit and your flame would go out entirely. My viewers have since updated me in the comments section of the video above, that this is no longer the case and the dial has now been upgraded which is great news!
- Easy to Set Up Just place the legs down from the storage position, add the pizza stone, attach to a gas bottle, ignite and place the gas on full flame until the stone reaches 430c and you are ready to cook!
- The Gas Burner After 3 years there has been no change to the burner. It’s working just the same and I have not had to change any parts etc. Working well!
Great Value Entry-Level Gas fired Pizza oven!
- Structure. I have added quite a few scratches onto the front and side of the oven entrance with my metal pizza peel but other than those – the rest of the oven is looking like new! I clean the oven when it is cool with a damp cloth and that’s it.
- Budget I decided to buy this oven as it suited my budget at the time. Even though it was the entry-level pizza oven in the range, this never reflected the quality of the pizza that you could create using it.
Overall, this is a great, lightweight, portable gas-fired pizza oven and it consistently cooks great pizza up to 12″ even after 3 years and a lot of pizza! I made the right decision back then and I still love using it!
Enjoy your outdoor pizza oven cooking!
I’ve created a Pizza for Beginners – Learning to Cook Pizza and How to Use Pizza Ovens YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help you with your learning to cook pizza journey!
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza