My First Cook using Gozney Pizza Dough!
This is my first cook using Gozney Pizza Dough! Check the vid out!
I wanted to try out the pizza dough to see how it compared to my own homemade dough. There were a few differences that I could identify with this pizza dough.
Since I made this video I’ve cooked with the dough a number of times and I can pick out some differences:
- The dough is lovely and bubbly with very large big popping bubbles that when cooked, are melt-in-the-mouth gorgeous!
- The dough is easy to stretch, particularly when it’s warm. So, I would make sure the dough is warm before stretching it out.
- There were no holes – I flipped and pulled and this dough did not give me any holes – I am very impressed!
- The dough cooks fast and I had to adjust my flames to a lower level for the cook. The hydration level of the dough and/or the ingredients could affect this.
the pizza dough balls are a great size for the roccbox pizza oven!
- Salt – this impacted the flavour of the pizza for me. I admit I don’t use much salt in my dough as I don’t personally like a salty taste to distract from the flavours on the pizza. But I can taste more salt in the Gozney Pizza Dough compared to the Ooni Sourdough Pizza Dough.
Overall, this pizza dough was beautifully puffy and melt-in-your-mouth gorgeous and easy to work with and stretch. I would personally though, just prefer a little less salt. It cooks fast on a medium flame with a stone heat of approx 440 celsius in the centre.
Enjoy your outdoor pizza oven cooking!
I’ve created a Pizza for Beginners – Learning to Cook Pizza and How to Use Pizza Ovens YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help you with your learning to cook pizza journey!
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza