How To Use a Mini Pizza Roller to Stretch Pizza! Pizza For Beginners!
If you are having trouble stretching pizza dough check out this video here for detailed tips!
To use the Mini Pizza Roller try doing the following:
- Start off with your dough ball and stretch it out by hand until it reaches a size that is bigger than the small end of the mini pizza roller.
- Use your roller to gently roll out to the crusts. Press down firmly at the same time and don’t use too much flour. If you add too much flour to the worksurface the dough will just move around and not stretch as you roll out from the centre. Get the dough to grip a little on the work surface by using less flour.
- Roll up to the edge of the dough in different directions from the centre and keep the dough round as you roll. Check out my video – I show how I do this in detail.
- Once your dough is big enough, use the larger side of the Mini Pizza Roller and continue with the same technique.
- Keep rolling out and pressing down firmly as you roll. Be careful that the dough doesn’t stick to the roller!
Ensure you don't use too much flour on the worktop to stretch your pizza.
You don’t need to use the mini pizza roller to stretch out the whole pizza. I alternate between hand stretching and rolling only when needed. You can roll over the crusts if you are looking to make a flat crust pizza. Also, when I have very bubbly dough I roll over the edge to tame down the size of the pizza crust!
Enjoy your outdoor pizza oven cooking!
I’ve created a Pizza for Beginners – Learning to Cook Pizza and How to Use Pizza Ovens YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help you with your learning to cook pizza journey!
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza