You've just cooked your pizza but your pizza stone has become stained with debris and burnt flour, dough or whatever. There is a very simple way to clean your stone ready for the next cook. This is what you will need to do:
- Just before your pizza cook, turn the stone over so that the dirty side is facing down. All you need to do is heat up the stone for your cook. The heat will remove the debris underneath.
I've created a Learning to Cook Pizza YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help your learning to cook pizza journey! Enjoy your Pizza Cooking!
If that doesn't do the trick because you've got a particularly dirty stone from a disastrous pizza cook for example, then you will need to do the following:
- Check out the video below as it provides a step by step guide to burning all of the debris off.
- Use a pizza brush to remove the stuck debris off the stone.
- Place your pizza stone dirty side up into the pizza oven and heat up the oven with full flame.
- The flame will burn off the debris closest to it.
- When the stone has cooled, rotate it until all the debris closest to the flame has burned off.
OONI US SHOP HERE:
After you've rotated your stone, all the debris should have burned off and your stone should now be clean ready for your next pizza cook.
You must never do the following to clean your stone:
- Do not wash the stone in water. You shouldn't wet your stone as it's porous. The stone will take a long time to dry out.
- Do not clean your stone with detergent.
Check out our YouTube channel here! https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza
OONI UK SHOP HERE: