How I Make Pizza Dough for Outdoor Pizza Ovens.
Soft-grain flour will give your pizza dough the stretch you need for pizza. The 00 mill is very fine and perfect for pizza dough.
- 500g Soft-Grain Pizza Flour
- 300g Water – not cold
- 9g salt (can be adjusted to your taste)
- 0.5g to 2g (depends on your climate for the room proof)
This is a 60% hydration pizza dough recipe.
The video above shows in detail how I make the pizza dough but here are the key points:
- Measure 500g pizza flour and place in your knead bowl.
- Measure 150g of water and dissolve 9g salt into that water and stir.
- Add the salty water to the flour.
- Measure 150g of water and dissolve the yeast into that water and stir.
- Add the yeast water to the flour.
- Mix together and knead.
I ADVISE THAT THE SALT AND YEAST BE KEPT SEPARATE UNTIL MIXED TOGETHER BECAUSE THE SALT MAY KILL OFF THE YEAST
I change the hydration levels sometimes – I go up to 65% but I’m pretty happy with a 60% hydration level dough.
I’ve created a Learning to Cook Pizza YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help you with your learning to cook pizza journey!
Check out our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza