How To Cook a Skillet Pan Pizza! Ooni Koda 12Hello! Hope you are all keeping well and safe. I made a sizzler/skillet pan pizza for the first time in a while and it's very simple to make using the Ooni Koda gas-fired Pizza Oven! So, if you are planning a pizza party this is a really easy way to impress your guests! And you can put your and their favourite toppings in there! I used German Peppered salami with freshly grated mozzarella and some tomato sauce - yum! 60% Hydration - Pizza Dough Recipe: 500g Soft Grain 00 milled Pizzeria Blue Caputo flour 300 g water 9g salt 0.5g dried yeast.
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!
And that wasn’t because I didn’t like it – I just forgot to make it in the cast-iron skillet pan until now.
I’ve created a Pizza for Beginners YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help your learning to cook pizza journey! Enjoy your Pizza Cooking!
Cooking pizza in a skillet pan is a fabulous idea if you are holding a pizza party for a number of reasons:
- You can prepare it in advance
- Once prepared, you can keep it to the side and cook when you are ready.
- You can ask your guests to have a go at using the pizza oven.
- Cooking this pizza doesn’t require pizza-turning skills – and they may also enjoy adding the fillings themselves – made to order!
- Just grab some fresh pizza dough – check out my how to make pizza dough video here: 5 STEPS TO MAKE PIZZA DOUGH
- Either stretch the dough or roll it to fit the base and sides of your pan.
- Place the skillet pan into your hot oven for a few minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the dough into the pan and cover the inside. Cut off any outstanding dough from the edge.
- Add your toppings – whatever you fancy!
- Place the skillet pan back into your hot pizza oven.
- Cook until the ingredients are bubbling and the cheese has been cooked at the top.
Big Tip! Make sure you have a good slop of oil evenly spread on the insides of your pan. This will ensure your dough gets a lovely golden colour when the oil heats up and cooks the dough against the cast-iron pan. Otherwise, you may end up with a perfectly cooked but pale-looking pizza base – like mine!
Overall, I will definitely be making this again – and trying out different toppings. I also fancy making a deep pan pizza in a big skillet.
Check out our YouTube channel here! https://www.youtube.com/c/Got2EatPizza
Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:Today, we will go through the best tips for cooking pizza in an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven. If you’ve just bought an oven or are interested in using a wood fired pizza oven then...
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:OONI US SHOP HERE: I made a round shape out of my pizza dough and the recipe for that is here: 500g flour, 300g water, 15g salt and 2g yeast. Buffalo mozzarella, pepperoni and a few...
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:OONI US SHOP HERE: Hi, Ellie here Let’s go through my top Roccox pizza cooking tips! First, you will need to grab your pizza peels for the Roccbox pizza oven. I use a 12” eppicotispai...
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!Check out our US and UK Amazon Shops:OONI US SHOP HERE:Hi! Welcome back and today, we'll be walking you through the step-by-step process of lighting up the Ooni Karu 12G wood-fired pizza oven. Let's get started! I’ve...
OONI US SHOP HERE: SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE!Today, we compare two popular pizza ovens: the Ooni Koda 12 and the Ooni Karu 12G. Let's cover the Ooni Koda 12 first. This 12” pizza oven is fuelled by gas. It easily connects to a gas tank from a...