And that wasn't because I didn't like it - I just forgot to make it in the cast-iron skillet pan until now.
I've created a Pizza for Beginners YouTube playlist that gives some great tips to help your learning to cook pizza journey! Enjoy your Pizza Cooking!
Cooking pizza in a skillet pan is a fabulous idea if you are holding a pizza party for a number of reasons:
- You can prepare it in advance
- Once prepared, you can keep it to the side and cook when you are ready.
- You can ask your guests to have a go at using the pizza oven.
- Cooking this pizza doesn't require pizza turning skills - and they may also enjoy adding the fillings themselves - made to order!
- Just grab some fresh pizza dough - check out my how to make pizza dough video here: 5 STEPS TO MAKE PIZZA DOUGH
- Either stretch the dough or roll it to fit the base and sides of your pan.
- Place the skillet pan into your hot oven for a few minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the dough into the pan and cover the inside. Cut off any outstanding dough from the edge.
- Add your toppings - whatever you fancy!
- Place the skillet pan back into your hot pizza oven.
- Cook until the ingredients are bubbling and the cheese has been cooked at the top.
Big Tip! Make sure you have a good slop of oil evenly spread on the insides of your pan. This will ensure your dough gets a lovely golden colour when the oil heats up and cooks the dough against the cast-iron pan. Otherwise, you may end up with a perfectly cooked but pale-looking pizza base - like mine!
Overall, I will definitely be making this again - and trying out different toppings. I also fancy making a deep pan pizza in a big skillet.